WELCOME!

This site is specifically designed for anyone, 18 yrs. or older,
who prefers heterosexual or general posts about
"The Man from U.N.C.L.E.",
David McCallum, Robert Vaughn,
and their alter egos.

Suggested posts include discussion forums,
fics (site links and self-promotion okay),
resources for writers,
pics and news about the guys.
Adult content is okay,
but please remember this is a "slash-free" zone!


Saturday, January 16, 2010

Serendipity Saturday - Memorabilia

I had a wonderful surprise yesterday!  My mom gave me something she found in the closet of my bedroom (I haven't lived at home since 1981).  It was a Christmas present I received in 1966 or 1967! 

The present was a ViewMaster set - the regular viewer along with a projector so you could project reels on a screen.  I took it with me to school several times to show reels of different places or historical sites.

inside the box, along with the ViewMaster, were the reels I collected.  In the batch, were my "Man From U.N.C.L.E." ViewMaster reels!  I'm not sure why, but the episode they picked for the reels was "The Very Important Zombie Affair".

I've been worried for years that my mom sold my kid stuff in a yard sale and was absolutely thrilled to see my UNCLE reels are in pristine condition!

I know there are a lot of cousins with wonderful collectibles.  Cousins, do you have any special UNCLE memorabilia you've collected - especially collectible toys from childhood?

1 comment:

Benzadmiral said...

Oh, gosh, do I!

I have the Viewmaster reels (though no Viewmaster itself -- is it still available?), almost all the Gold Key comic books, all the paperback novels, most of the digest-sized magazines, and a replica full-scale U.N.C.L.E. Special in metal with plastic grips (ca. 1983, so not from childhood). And the Aurora plastic model kits, partly painted but unassembled, bought at a garage sale in 1973. There might be a bit more, but they're tucked away in a box in the big closet. Someday when I have more room I'd like to have the Special and some of the other items out for display.

Post a Comment