WELCOME!

This site is specifically designed for anyone, 18 yrs. or older,
who prefers heterosexual or general posts about
"The Man from U.N.C.L.E.",
David McCallum, Robert Vaughn,
and their alter egos.

Suggested posts include discussion forums,
fics (site links and self-promotion okay),
resources for writers,
pics and news about the guys.
Adult content is okay,
but please remember this is a "slash-free" zone!


Friday, February 19, 2010

Thames Thursday - "Sapphire and Steel" Assignment 6

I apologize for the late post.  Things were rather hectic yesterday, and I worked on legal paperwork until late last night.  Looks like I've got a "Jiffy Pop" kind of case and need to turn up the heat.

This week's topic is Assignment 6 of "Sapphire and Steel".  When I first saw the assignment, I took everything at face value.  Then things started becoming clearer to me.  I watched the assignment again, and began noticing strange things - not that most of "Sapphire and Steel" wasn't strange - but strange dialogue, like the repeated "eggs, fruit and milk", the repetition of threes, the gingham checks and chess board. 

I've spent about a year working on a story ida to bring Sapphire and Steel out of the trap.  My story began where the series left off.  Then I heard Joanna Lumley say that she would like for them to be able to leave the trap in the present day.  So, I took all the clues and puzzles I had figured out and moved them forward in time.

Does anyone have any observations they would like to share about Assignment 6?

No comments:

Post a Comment